Poslední změna: 09.10. 2019
||visit Accredited Doctoral Study Programs
|Length of Study
|Form of Study
||Full-time or Part-time
|Language of Study
||Czech or English
|Finalization of Study
||1. State Doctoral Exam
2. Dissertation Defense
- Postgraduate doctoral study (Ph.D.) at the Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove is organized according to the ”Study and Examination Regulations of the Charles Univesity” in 22 accredited study programs. The standard study period takes 4 years as a minimum, 8 years as a maximum – the result is Ph.D. degree.
- Study of clinical fields does not mean clinical training which leads to obtaining specialization of Master Degree type.
- All applicants are expected to meet our basic requirement – certification of completed undergraduate degree (master degree). In case the applicant is not a graduate of EU university or there is not an existing agreement between relevant country and Czech Republic about mutual recognition of university diploma, it is necessary for the applicant to present a confirmation of equivalency of his/her university degree or a certificate which will declare equivalence of foreign university diploma with university diploma issued in Czech Republic in undergraduate study program prior to enrollment, no later than September 30.
- Conditions and topics for doctoral study are announced according to the number of available supervisors and their number of research projects (grants). That means that some Subject Co-ordinating Boards don't announce admission procedures in both or one form of study for a given academic year. Conditions for admission, dissertation thesis topics, content of entrance exams, etc., are different for individual study program and are being adapted every year according to the requirements of the Subject Co-ordinating Board of Ph.D. programme.
- Preliminary questions concerning study possibilities can be answered on condition that the applicant will submit professional Curriculum Vitae, i.e. basic information about his/her practice, qualifications, scientific interest and activities including a publication activity summary. It is recommended to contact head of the Subject Co-ordinating Board of Ph.D. programme or appropriate tutor first.
- Admission proceedings for Ph.D. study for the following academic year are announced at the beginning of December, together with the deadline for submitting applications at the latest April 30. Specific information about conditions of admission and topics of dissertation theses in particular study program, including a list of required documents, are presented on the official board of the Faculty (in this section of "Applicants"). Application form is available only via web form - see "Admission process - Ph.D.".
- Foreign students do not pay an annual tuition fee per academic year for study conducted in the English language. Accommodation, food expenses and financial support are not provided.
Although it is possible to study the postgraduate doctoral study program in English, basic knowledge of Czech for foreign students is necessary for communication with patients at clinical departments.