Hradec Králové is easily accessible by bus or train, however, should you be coming for the first time and with all your luggage, you may prefer a cab.
Transportation from Prague
For the private transportation arrangements, please contact directly the mediating agencies on: www.forstudents.cz/
. It is not advised to travel from Prague to Hradec Králové by a taxi. Taxi fares are almost a double price of a hired car.
Travelling from the Prague´s airport
To get to Hradec Králové from Prague it is possible to take a bus from the main bus station FLORENC or a train from the main railway station (HLAVNÍ NÁDRAŽÍ).
- The municipal transport from the VACLAV HAVEL AIRPORT PRAGUE, previously called “RUZYNĚ”, (located approx. 20 km northwest of the town center) to the railway station and bus station in Prague is ensured by bus called AE "Airport Express" (operating daily at regular approx. 30 min. intervals both ways, from 5.30 am to 9.00 pm) - its stop is in front of the airport and you need to buy a bus ticket from driver. The ticket costs 60,- CZK.
- The bus terminates at “HLAVNÍ NÁDRAŽÍ” station (Main railway station). The boarding stop is in Wilsonova Street (the main artery in the direction of Florenc) right in front of the Fanta building (the old station building). The disembarking stop is also located in Wilsonova Street (the main artery in the direction of Muzeum). From here, it is possible to use an accessible elevator right to the ticketing hall.
- From the Main railway station you can take a train to Hradec Králové.
- If you want to go by bus you have to take the underground (line C) from the Main railway station to “FLORENC” station, it is the second stop in "LETŇANY" direction.
- When you get off at the station “FLORENC”, take the first turn right (designated “AUTOBUSOVÉ NÁDRAŽÍ – ODJEZDY AUTOBUSŮ”) and you will come directly to the bus station platforms (most buses heading for Hradec Králové leave from platform No. 13 and 14).
It takes about 1 hour and 50 minutes both by train and bus (see the bus and trains schedule) to get to Hradec Králové.
Local Transport in Hradec Králové
- In general all passengers are obliged to validate the (non-transfer) ticket immediately after boarding a bus. Tickets can be purchased at newspaper stand or from any bus driver. The price of the ticket is 20,- CZK (25,- CZK from the driver).
- You may take a taxi or bus number 2, 6, 7 to get to the Faculty (Šimkova street 870), etc.
- The Faculty of Medicine building in Šimkova street is to be found at the fourth bus stop called "Magistrát města" just behind the building of the "Magistrát města" on the left hand side.
See Orientation maps of the Faculty of Medicine building.
- Our office is situated on the first floor on the right side (Dean's office), after entering second glass door - first door on the right side (No A-220).
Hope this will help you to find your way easily.