Phone: +420 495 816 312 - Department of Pharmacology
Education, Academic and Scientific Degrees
2011 – Associate Professor of Medical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové, Charles University (FMed HK), 2007 – PhD. in Medical Pharmacology (FMed HK), 2007 – PharmD. (Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, Charles University, FPharm HK), 2002 – MSc. in Pharmacy (FPharm HK).
2012 – Deputy Head of the department, 2011 – Associate professor, 2007 – Assistant professor, 2006 – Lecturer, 2005 – Research assistant. All appointments at FMed HK, Department of Pharmacology.
Cardiovascular pharmacology and toxicology, cardiovascular toxicity of anticancer drugs, pharmacological cardioprotection, heart failure, relationship of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamic in vivo
, preclinical research of investigational drugs, study of molecular mechanisms of therapeutic and adverse effects of drugs.
2 weeks – Dept. of Cardiology, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland.
6 weeks – Dept. of Cardiac Signalisation and Pathophysiology, University of Paris-Sud/INSERM, Chatney-Malabry, Paris, France.
2 weeks – Dept. of Pathology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Supervision of Students and Research Fellows
3 PhD students (1 has already defended), 2 post-doc fellows
2009 – Prix de Pharmacie (1st
place) awarded by French Embassy in Czech Republic
2006 and 2012 – Awards (1st
place) of the Czech Soc. for Clinical and Exp. Pharmacology and Toxicology for best publication of the year of young authors
Editorial Board Memberships
ESC Heart Failure (Wiley, since 2015, associate Editor since 2017), Cardio-Oncology (BioMed Central, since 2015)
Lectures as ”Invited Speaker“ (in last 5 years)
– Global Cardio-Oncology Summit 2017, London, Sept. 20-21, 2017 (accepted invitation).
– 33th Congress of Int. Soc. for Heart Research, Bordeaux, 2015.
– 11th New Frontiers in Basic Cardiovasc. Res. Meeting, Smolenica, 2014.
– Congress of European Soc. of Cardiology (ESC) - Heart Failure, Lisbon, 2013.
Organizations of Conferences (in last 5 years)
– ESC/HFA Winter Meeting on Translational HF Research 2017 and 2018, Le Diablerets, Switzerland, organizing committee member.
– 12th New Frontiers in Basic Cardiovasc. Res. Meeting, Chateney-Malabry, Paris, 2016 – organizing committee member.
– 42nd Conference of Commission for Experimental Cardiology (KEK 2014), Deštné v Orlických Horách, main organizer.
– 10th New Frontiers in Basic Cardiovasc. Res. Meeting, Hradec Králové, 2012, main organizer.
Peer Review (in last 5 years)
– Reviewer of manuscripts submitted into scientific journals > 65 x (> 90 % in journals with IF, including serving as a Reviewing Editor in Antiox. and Redox Signaling
, IF =7.093)
– Reviewer of grant applications: foreign agencies - National Science Center Poland (Poland), Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Portugal), Medical Research Council (South Africa), VEGA (Slovakia); Czech agencies - e.g., AZV ČR and GA UK.
– Dissertation thesis – 2x (FPharm HK).
As a principal investigator/guarantor/mentor/senior investigator (7x): IGA MZ (1x), GA UK (2x), FRVŠ (1x), Visegrad Fund (1x), mentor in project PostDocs at UK (1x), senior investigator of University Research center - UNCE (1x). As a co-investigator (12x): GA ČR (3x), GA UK (4x), grant Czech Society of Cardiology (1x), projects PRVOUK and Progres (2x), Research project of MŠMT (1x).
Summary of publications and their citations (in total)
– Number of publications in WoS/Scopus: 39/44, > 90% with IF
– Number of citations in WoS/Scopus – total 1015/1202, without self-citations 847/1008.
– H-index in WoS/Scopus (with self-citations) = 16/18.
Summary of Publications (in last 5 years, 2012-2017)
– in WoS/Scopus: 14/15, cumulative IF (summa IF) = 54.4, average IF = 3.882.
– Full list of publication