Poslední změna: 05.06. 2019
- This site is intended as the main communication gate for students. Instructions announced here are considered to be valid and important, most of them are long-term. For advices requiring immediate feedback we prefer to use our Facebook profile "Anatomie Hradec".
Up to date information:
The end of summer semester:
- Updated materials about anatomy credit duties (see below - Information about credit duties, Information about final exam). Please, keep in mind, that some terms of the tests are obligatory. After unsuccesful attempt just two re-takes are available, so choose them right.
- Updated syllabi for the practical classes in time of Easter holidays (Moodle)
- Updated information about the dissection essay on Moodle site (Selfstudy/Dissection or here). Term to give in the essay is set to the 29th and 30th of April 2019.
General information for the beginning of the summer term:
- Organization of the summer semester: the semester starts, after the lecture week the usual pattern will renew. The schedules of anatomical lectures and practical classes, arranged by weeks in a suitable form for print, are available in Moodle course Selfstudy.
- Following information is intended for General medicine students. Every week of General medicine studies will consist of two practical classes. The first class in a week is a dissection (on Monday or Tuesday) while the second one (on Thursday or Friday) is a lesson of systematic anatomy. Microtests are written only in systematic anatomy classes. Students need own dissection kit for this semester - almost one scalpel and anatomical tweezers (with a cannelure in the end). Students must buy it in advance in any pharmacy.
- Registration for the dissection (selection of parts of the body) runs in the Moodle course Selfstudy In order to respect your demands, we must close the registration before the end of the lecture week, so don’t hesitate. Due to limited access to the cadaver each part of the body (any limb, head and neck, thorax or abdomen) has limit of participants. For this reason, we cannot fill all the demands, so we will give preferences to the best students from the winter term.
- Work in dissecting rooms: Each group is divided to two halves, which switch in the break. Subgroup "A" works in the first half in the large room while the half "B" works in the small room at another cadaver. One of the bodies is intact and the second is partially dissected already and shared with some other study group. In the intact body, a student is responsible for large part of the body registered online as mentioned above. He may be examined randomly in all extent of this region in current or in consequent layer of his work. In the latter cadaver, a student is responsible for work and theoretical knowledge on small topographical region which is identic to topic of the dissecting essay assigned in the first dissecting class.
- Dissecting essay: it is a seminary work about your experience from dissection of the cadaver. In the work, you should follow details - you are regarded as expert for this small region even reaching the level of teachers. Preliminary term to give in the printed essay is the end of april. Accepted essay is a credit condition. Instructions how to create an essay are found in the Moodle course Selfstudy.
- The second credit condition resulting from the dissecting classes is the Final evaluation of the dissection. It will come in the second half of May in form of oral exam. Then theoretical knowledge, detailed identification of dissected structures in registered part of the body, general identification of structures in whole cadaver, and the level of your manual work will be evaluated.
- Discipline: Both common mistakes at dissections - excessive hesitations and rash cutting on the other hand - are results of not sufficient homework. Assistants will support and motivate the students but also control and test them. Random examination is of the same significance like a mark from a microtest. Mind also that unexcused absences exclude obtaining a credit. Student’s duty is to be at time and to spend all the time of class in our educational rooms. It means that if you leave during the short break you are ABSENT although your presence was registered in the beginning of the class. Student may have maximally 15% of APPOLOGIZED absences to get credit. Let us also remind you that you must bring your labcoat each class!
- The make up "GIT" test on splanchnology will run in the "lecture week" on Thursday the 21st of February 8 a.m. in the lecture hall No. II. This re-test is not compulsory, but we plan to set maximally two other chances in summer. The upcoming re-test on winter microtests runs tomorrow (Friday 25th of January) at 9 a.m. in our anatomic classroom. It is also not compulsory.
- As we informed before, the limit for credit was 60% of successful class examinations (regular written microtests + random oral ones). Failures include grades 4, excused absences, and late comings. (Unexcused absences are not possible at all and they disable the credit.) Accurate information was announced in form of a final table with complete microtests results on Moodle. The re-test contains 1 question from each topic regardless if the separate topic was originally successful or not. So the test standardly includes 24 questions from locomotor system and splanchnology. The level of the question is different from "GIT" credit test, because it concerns introductive question to the classes. Microtests similarly to all other credit conditions can be remedied only by two attempts. Consequent term for make up microtests will be on Friday the 22nd of February 1 p.m. in our anatomic classroom. We recommend to use at least one on these offered terms because the other possibilities will be restricted only to one or two other chances in summer.
- INFORMATION ABOUT THE MICROTESTS: The limit for credit is 60% of successful class examinations (regular written microtests + random oral ones). Failures include grades 4, excused absences, and late comings. The maximum of unsuccessful attempts is 10. Accurate information will be announced in form of a final table with complete microtests results on Moodle after the last class. Unsuccessful students have to write a re-test to reach the credit.
The re-test contains 1 question from each topic regardless if the separate topic was originally successful or not. So the test standardly includes 24 questions from locomotor system and splanchnology. Date of the re-test will be Friday the 25th of January, after "GIT", at 9 a.m. in our anatomic classroom. The next chance will be in second half of February, in the lecture week of the summer term. Both terms are not compulsory, but the other possibilities will be restricted only to two other chances in summer.
- CREDIT TEST ON SPLANCHNOLOGY ("GIT") includes circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems. Term of the test is Monday the 21st of January 9:00 a.m. in the big lecture hall for all study groups. This first attempt is compulsory.
Information for the beginning of the winter term:
- Dear students, welcome on web pages of Department of Anatomy. The new semester starts by a week of lectures, then the practical classes start to run as well. Anatomical syllabi (= schedules) arranged by weeks for the new semester are available on educational server Moodle (see below) in an e-learning course called Selfstudy. Sources for lectures and classes are in the course Materials.
- Practical classes take place in dissection rooms - the approach is from the yard of our faculty, in case of a rainy weather also through the Department of Histology. Optimal time to come is 10 minutes before the beginning of a class. Students need a laboratory coat for each practical class in the dissection rooms. Gloves with powder are available, bring special gloves only in case of an allergy. Dissection tools are necessary just in the summer semester in the study branch General medicine.
- Attendance at both lectures and classes is mandatory. Students must be present from the beginning till the end of class. Unexcused absences exclude obtaining a credit. Each practical classes starts by a brief test to evaluate a homework. Good evaluation of your continuous preparation is one of the credit conditions.
- Department of Anatomy offers a variety of study materials to students. Most of them are available on gateway Moodle. All study branches have there the schedule of anatomical lectures and practical classes, arranged by weeks in a suitable form for print. We use Moodle to make available final exam questions, results of tests, useful links (including licenced Sobotta's ilustrated Atlas of Human Anatomy online). To log into Moodle you have to use the identity entry assigned by Study department during the first week. Enjoy it!
- Among other study materials the most useful are:
- Materials for lectures in pdf form. They are useful to make comfortable listening the lecture if they are printed in advance or opened in your tablets. However, these pdf version can substitute nor personal attendance at concerned lecture nor chapters in recommended textbook!
- Materials for practical classes as a brief survey of activities during lab and topics for homework in form of 1 page MS Word documments.
- E-learning courses of Topographic anatomy. It is opportune to enrol in the courses concerning the topographic (regional) anatomy already in the winter term to complete the study of locomotor system. Registration into the courses is formal and it results in no evaluation and no obligation.