The Department of Stomatology was established in 1945 in connection with the foundation of the Hradec Kralove branch of the Prague Medical Faculty of Charles University. Its first head was prof. MUDr. K. Mestan. In 1951, his associate, later prof. MUDr. L. Sazama, DrSc., who led the clinic until 1977. Under his leadership, the workplace progressively developed. The reputation of the clinic has been achieved especially in the field of maxillofacial surgery focused on diseases of the salivary gland, orofacial traumatology and oncology. Later the department of prosthetic and periodontology became the important departments of the clinic. A number of renowned specialists have grown in the clinic and the prestige of the clinic has increased significantly as an undergraduate and postgraduate workplace.
Between 1977 and 1989, prof. MUDr. L. Novak, DrSc., and then doc. MUDr. J. Kvapilova, CSc. were in the clinic's head positions. In the following years, under the leadership of doc. MUDr. J. Bittner, CSc., there were the necessary restructuring of the workplace and the renaissance of its professional credit in connection with the social conditions reformation.
In the following period, a number of very significant changes took place under the leadership of doc. MUDr. V. Hubková, CSc. All the dental clinic, which had previously existed in several buildings, were relocated to a generously reconstructed building for this purpose. The Implant Center, Department of Oral Medicine, Dental Hygiene Centers, very well equipped teaching facilities were established. Interesting research activities, cooperation with other workplaces, foreign students' education have developed.
In 2009 and 2010 there was a further expansion of the clinical and teaching part of the dental clinic. The team of clinicians changed significantly. 4 professors and 8 associate professors of dentistry were and is working (in the past and now altogether). The current management of the clinic tries to maintain the continuity of workplace development with the help of experienced core workers and a team of young doctors and physicians. It tries to maintain a traditionally high professional level of treatment and preventive care and teaching of students and, last but not least, the economic prosperity of the workplace.