General information for incoming Erasmus students is available on the web page of Charles University.
Please, bear in mind that only NOMINATED students by the home university are allowed to participate in the programme. Also, bear in mind that the number of students that can be accepted is limited and so your initiiavitive will be decisive.
TEST Learning Agreement - OBLIGATORY
Please, FIRST, fill in a TEST Learning Agreement and send it by e-mail to Veronika Drbohlavová. She will check the possibility of studying all the subjects selected. Kindly take into consideration that this needs to be done before the final Learning Agreement is filled in as to avoid potential changes that would complicated and slow down the application process.
- bear in mind that nominated students are obliged to register on-line
- After completion, the system generates two crucial documents: Application Form + Learning Agreement. These must be printed out.
- Consequently, the documents are to be signed and stamped by relevant authorities at the home university and sent to Charles University, either to European Office in Prague or to Mazurová, M.D., Erasmus Faculty Coordinator.
For the best communication and fast exchange of information between students and the Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Králové, please use these contacts.
Fo further information regarding application, see APPLICATION: On-line registration, Deadlines.
- EU and EFTA students are legally obliged to register with the Immigration Police in their place of residence within 30 days of their arrival. For Erasmus students, this is secured by the accommodation authorities where they lodged during the stay. However, EU and EFTA students may apply for a short-term visa for other purposes (usually when making a legal contract is involved). To learn more, click on this link.
- Students from non-EU or non-EFTA countries who wish to stay in the Czech Republic for more than 90 days have to apply for a visa. An application for the permit should be submitted to the Czech Embassy or Consulate in the student's home country before the arrival. The administration process can easily take up to 8 weeks, so make sure that you apply well in advance.
After the arrival students are legally obliged to register with the local Foreign Police Department within 3 working days!!! All you need to know is to be found here.
For further information, see the university web, Residence permits and visas.
Also, visit our website where you find the address of the local Immigration Police and the necessary steps to be conducted to register,
- EU and EFTA students obtain standard medical treatment on the basis of submitting their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), form E111 or Provisional certificate to the attending physician. Standard medical treatment is without charge in the Czech Republic. Health care costs are reimbursed by HI companies. Having the EHIC, the Czech HI company will be reimbursed by the health insurance company in your home country for the costs for medical treatment.
PLEASE NOTE: it is recommended that you have your EHICs (European Health Insurance Cards) acknowledged by one of the Czech health insurance companies (on which occasion the company issues a confirmation of EHIC validity for the Czech Republic), since doctors are not obliged, if it is not urgent, to give you medical treatment without this confirmation.
- Students from non-EU or non-EFTA countries are required to have a valid international medical insurance, otherwise the medical-care provider will charge a cash payment for all medical services. For more information, see our website, Health insurance details.
Visit the university web, Health Insurance & Medical Care, for a detailed overview of medical care.
The contacts on doctors for foreign students in Hradec Králové (a GP, dentist, and psychologist) are to be found here.
- Applications to study must be sent to the Faculty of Medicine 70 days before planned date of arrival.
- All documents must be signed no earlier than 90 days before submission.
- Please make sure that you have a few passport format photos upon your arrival (may be required when crossing the border and 2 will be needed on the enrolment).
- Those students who fail to present their visa cannot be enrolled and do not have access to regular student benefits.
- Visa applications must be submitted to the embassy 60 days before the planned arrival.
- We require incoming Erasmus students to come to Hradec Králové 1 week before the beginning of a term.
Travelling from Prague to Hradec Králové
For information about travelling from Prague to Hradec Králové and to your hall of residence, please, check this guide.
We recommend that students should contact Erasmus Buddy System, which can be of substantial help, if they want to know how to get to Hradec Králové or need guidance during the first few days of their stay.